Accept and install only DRAGONBOARD® supplied by an authorized DRAGONBOARD® dealer, in manufacturer’s original, unopened, undamaged containers with identification labels intact. Only material purchased from an authorized DragonBoard dealer or distributor will be warranted by the manufacturer. (Contact DRAGONBOARD USA customer service to verify authorized-dealer status)
Allow boards to adjust to the ambient temperature of the installation site for 48 hours before installing.
DRAGONBOARD® can be cut, trimmed or shaped using ordinary power tools. DRAGONBOARD® panels may be fastened to supporting joists or studs using self-drilling, self-countersinking, corrosion-protected, #10 cement board screws. (Contact DRAGONBOARD® technical services for fastener suggestions)
DRAGONBOARD® is not recommended for prolonged direct exposure to rain or weather. DRAGONBOARD® panels indirectly exposed to the elements, require an application of a prime coat of acrylic-siloxane waterproofing sealant, followed by oil-based paint.
Use solvent-based tile mastic where DRAGONBOARD® is to be used as a mounting substrate for ceramic tile, as in a bath or shower enclosure.
DRAGONBOARD® assemblies consist of interior wall, staircase, ceiling and floor/ceiling assemblies. (For all other applications contact DRAGONBOARD® technical services.)
*WHEN INSTALLING DRAGONBOARD® FLOORING, INSTALL either side up, being sure to install all panels in the same direction. When floor joists are installed on greater than 16” centers, contact DRAGONBOARD® technical services for installation guidance. During construction, always protect exposed DRAGONBOARD® panels in high-traffic areas, by use of "sacrificial" boards or tarps. There are many floor design options that can be utilized with DragonBoard® to deliver varying degrees of sound and stiffness performance. Please contact DragonBoard® technical services for assistance with these design options.
- Use caution when handling wet DRAGONBOARD® panels.
- DRAGONBOARD® contains no carcinogenic material. However, a dust mask is always suggested during routing, cutting and/or sanding operations.
- Wear gloves to avoid abrasion injuries.
- Allow panels to "acclimate" to ambient temperature of installation site for 48 hours before taping/spackling
- Fasteners should be no closer than 2” (50mm) from corners, with the adjoining screw not less than 4”(100 mm) from the same corner.
- Do not install screws at 45° angles on corners.
- Always support board ends by joists.
- Always install any fasteners over supporting structures.
- Fasteners should be no closer than ¾” (18mm) from any edge.
- DRAGONBOARD® is not recommended for overhanging cantilevers
- Protect installed DRAGONBOARD® panels from damage from wheelbarrow, tools. etc. during construction by laying down plywood in high-traffic areas
- Do not install mechanical fasteners (nails, screws, staples, etc) directly to DRAGONBOARD® unless attaching to a stud, joist or mechanical anchor
- Allow for a "nickel" gap of approximately 1/16" between panels and fill with setting compound.
- Use “setting” compounds (such as USG Durabond 90®) and mesh tape, such as
Fibatape®, for seams.
Installation must comply with all applicable local, state and federal codes.